In the summer of 1996 our growing firm was in dire need of additional office space. Our solution was to purchase a 3,500 S.F. 1950’s warehouse building in Tampa’s promising Channel District. As seen in the before image, the building offered little architecturally, but the fifteen foot ceilings, skylights and large spans of industrial steel windows seemed ideal for an architect's office. The front bay of the building received the most dramatic renovation and includes the main conference room and lobby/reception area. The large middle portion of the building serves as the design studio with open workstations flanking open “stacks” of reference material and support functions. This open plan encourages an easy exchange of information and resources, while providing a work environment conducive to individual concentration. The rear bay of the building consists of an employee break room, rest room facilities, and mechanical and storage spaces.